Friday, September 19, 2014

Pinoy style SHAWARMA

Every time we go back to Manila, shawarma will be the number one food I crave and will never fail to grab a wrap. I remember during my Makati days, I always eat shawarma at Gil Puyat Lrt (sa gilid-gilid) before going home. I admit it's the sauce. The dirtier, the yummier? Got the sauce recipe online, no particular site coz I love to combine recipes and use what is available in my kitchen. Tantsa-tantsa it is.


Ingredients:

beef (I used left over beef from lunch)
bacon
paprika
cayenne pepper
salt/pepper
mustard

**marinate the beef with all the spices above. fry bacon, then stir fry beef using bacon oil**

sauce:

greek yogurt
calamansi
salt/pepper
garlic powder
milk

**combine all ingredients according to taste

Wrap (I used gardenia wholemeal wrap)
sliced tomatoes
sliced onions
sliced cucumber
cheese
tabasco chili sauce



No comments:

Post a Comment